If you are now reading this article, this is probably your time to cope with writing an application essay to the university or college of your dream. This is really a great deal, because on this piece of writing will depend your entire future. This might sound scary, but you have to be aware of the importance of the step you are about to take. At the same time, the most defining thing that will determine whether you are going to enter your dream university or not is not the prompt or the question of the application essay itself, but what you are going to put in there. Since we realize the significance of this challenging assignment, we want to help you accomplish it the best possible way and without stress. In this article, we provided the most common app essay questions that you will most likely see in the list of university app essay prompts. But also, we would like to offer you our professional assistance. Writing an application essay is one of those significant steps, where you have to express yourself in the most splendid, outstanding, impressive manner. For many students this task seems almost impossible to accomplish, but our experienced writers know how to help you. Just contact us or make your order right away and we will take care of your application essay, so that the admission officers will be pleasantly surprised and happy to accept you as a student of their university. In any case, let us find out what questions you will see in the list of application prompts this year.
Take your application essay seriously
The truth is, you have only one shot, one chance to impress the admission officers this year. So you have to direct all your efforts, patience, capabilities and writing skills towards achieving the desired outcome. But before you proceed to exploring the prompts, we want you to know that it is not actually about the question. It is all about your story that you will share in your essay. Your paper is going to be the only means by which you will communicate with admission officers and the effectiveness of this communication will determine your further success. Here are some tips to consider before you start writing your paper:
- Start working on your application essay as soon as possible. Don't hesitate and proceed to writing right away. You need to be calm and focused and before the submission you will have to take a break in order to proofread your paper appropriately. This is only possible if you have enough time and not in a hurry before the submission deadline.
- Be yourself. From the very beginning you have to realize that no matter what the question of the prompt is, first of all you have to be yourself and speak out your own truth. Share the real story that you have and don't try to pretend to be someone you are not. Admissions always appreciate the courage and ability to be authentic.
- Be honest. Don't say a word that doesn't match the true story of yours. Do not make up things that didn't exist and don't try to look better by means of lying about achievements and skills you don't have. On the contrary, even if you have a really short list of achievements, share the real ones. This includes achievements in sports, art, music etc.
- Show your uniqueness. Don't be afraid to look weird and instead, demonstrate what makes you stand out from the crowd. What makes you different from other people? Is it your beliefs, talents, skills or anything else? Or maybe it is your story on the whole?
Discovering application essay questions
Now that you have an idea what you are going to deal with, we want you to take a look at the common app essay questions.
- Share something that you think this application essay would be incomplete without. This can be your special talent, skill, background or anything that makes you who you are.
- Share your story when obstacles you had to face during a challenging period of your life helped you achieve success through overcoming failure.
- Remember one of the tough lessons you had to learn in your life. What was it? How did it change you? How did your life change after going through that lesson?
- Tell about the happiest day of your life. What made it so special?
- If you had a chance to have anything in the world right now, what would it be and why?
- If you had an opportunity to travel in time and change something in the past. What would you do? Is there anything you would like to change and why?
- Think about a period in your life when you had to rethink your beliefs. What was the reason for this to happen? What was the result of it?
- Share the biggest problem you have ever faced in your life and how you solved it. This can be anything, beginning from your school life and finishing with personal or family issues.
- Share your ultimate goal in life. In the end of the day, what do you believe to be your highest purpose? Do you believe you have a special mission on earth?
- They say, dreams have to be either bold or unreal, otherwise they are just plans for tomorrow. Taking that into consideration, what is your most daring dream?
These are the questions that will most likely appear among this year's application essay prompts. They might sound differently, but the essence will probably remain the same. So if you take your time to prepare to one of these, you will make it easier for you when the time to actually write will come.
Understanding the question of the prompt
As a matter of fact, just knowing common app essay questions is not enough. You need to really understand what you are expected to say. You need to sound firm and confident, showing the best sides of your personality. Consider the following steps to take before you begin to write:
- Read and reread the essay question as many times as it will take until you ensure you get it right. You may want to ask someone else to share their opinion in this regard. More than that, you need to understand the intention of the admissions that made them ask you that particular question. What do they want to know? You hobbies, your fears, strengths or maybe your personal goals in life?
- Do some research on the university you are applying to. It is important because it will help you align with their style and sound more like admissions want you to. Also, you need to show why you have so much interest in studying in that particular university, which is possible only if you know enough about it.
- Don't avoid the direct answer to the question. You need to make sure that whatever you have written in your essay, it gives a clear answer to the app essay prompt. You need to be honest and straightforward and make sure there are no issues left without a solid response.
- Be passionate. You need to demonstrate your willingness and desire to be a student of that university. You need to show your courage and readiness to work hard for the sake of your life goal.
- Avoid common statements. Remember that one of your intentions is to show your uniqueness. So whatever you say, it is better to make loud and impressive statements rather than repeat what has been already said by someone else.
- Show your strengths anyway. Whatever story you are asked to tell, make sure you found a place to tell a little bit about strong sides of your personality. You may not tell about them directly, but you can just mention them in the context of the story.
- Make it perfect to you. Once you have written your paper, do not submit it until you find that it totally matches your expectations and ideas about perfect application essay. And if there is anything you don't like, take your time to improve before it's too late.
- Don't make the first draft the last one. No one has every made a perfect essay from the very first attempt. So you need to be patient and rewrite it several times if needed.
- Ask for a feedback. Our pro tip is to find someone who could read your essay and make a good comment on it. Don't be afraid of criticism. It will only help you improve your paper and achieve a better result.
- Do not send it right away. Unless the deadline is coming this evening, take your time before the submission. It will help you take a fresh look at your essay in a more objective manner afterwards and figure out whether it is good enough to be submitted.
Use professional help
To know how to answer common app essay questions is great. But what if you feel confused and this task seems to surpass your writing skills? And even if you have an awesome story to share, you still don''t know how to put it into words? We have a solution for you. Our experienced writers are looking forward to providing you with friendly and caring assistance in order to help you get through this challenging and requiring process. Whatever the writing assignment is, we are able to take responsibility for it right away. Don't hesitate to contact us and get all the needed support. We are always available and willing to ease your writing struggle.