Assessment task a few oral display summary
Description of the experiment
* Goal: To observe the reactions of sulfuric acid since an oxidising agent and as a dehydrating agent. Equipment:
* 20mL of focused sulfuric acid solution
* 20mL of 2mol/L sulfuric acidity
* a couple of small bits of each of copper, zinc and straightener
* 15 test pipes
* Evaluation tube rack
* 2g of sweets crystals (sucrose)
* two wooden ice-cream sticks
5. 10mL calculating cylinders
A: Sulfuric acid because an oxidising agent
1 . Clean items of metal with sandpaper to get rid of oxide coating. 2 . Include a piece of every metal to a separate test out tube.
several. Add 5mL of concentrated sulfuric acidity to each check tube. some. Record the observations.
your five. Repeat the experiment with 2mol/L sulfuric acidity.
B: Sulfuric acid while dehydrating agent
1 . Place 1g of sugar (sucrose) and a wooden ice-cream stick in separate test out tube. installment payments on your Add 1-2mL of centered sulfuric chemical p to each test tube. 3. Record the observations.
four. Repeat the experiment with 2mol/L sulfuric acidity
* Conc. sulfuric chemical p is highly rust
* If conc. Sulfuric acid can be spilt, do not add water
* Hydrogen sulfide gas
| Conc. Sulfuric acid| two mol/L sulfuric acid
Copper| No visible change| No observable modify
Zinc| Simply no observable change| No visible change
Iron| * Exothermic reaction * Bubbling gas| Not any observable change| Sugar| 2. Exothermic response * Dark solid can be produced and pushed out from the test tube * Gas with ruined egg smell is released| No visible change| Wood| * Dark-colored layer is on the wood| No visible change| Quality and stability
* Research was not repeated
* Low reliability
2. Results not really consistent with the known theory
* Require to eliminate experimental mistakes
Analysis of the results
Bibliography: 1 . 2012books. lardbucket. org (n. m. ) Untitled. [image online] Available at: /imgs/2019-08/32800214701_observing-reactions-of-sulfuric-acid-exploration-paper.jpg [Accessed: 14 May well 2013].
2 . angryewan (2008)В Sulfuric acid in sugar. [video online] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gG0UAX3V7c [Accessed: 16 May 2013].
3. cellbiologyolm. stevegallik. org (n. d. ) Untitled. [image online] Available at: /imgs/2019-08/32800216451_observing-reactions-of-sulfuric-acid-exploration-paper.jpg [Accessed: 14 May 2013].
four. Tregarthen, L. (2003)В HSC Hormone balance. 3rd education. South Yarra: Macmillan Education Australia Pty Ltd, p. P. 118-119.
5. www.docbrown.info (n. d. ) Untitled. [image online] Available at: /imgs/2019-08/32800211971_observing-reactions-of-sulfuric-acid-exploration-paper.jpg [Accessed: 14 Might 2013].
6th. www.weneedsigns.com (n. d. ) Untitled. [image online] Sold at: /imgs/2019-08/32800211911_observing-reactions-of-sulfuric-acid-exploration-paper.jpg [Accessed: 13 May 2013].
Compare and contrast the role from the Federal Paperwork in the United States recover of the Municipal Service in Britain Essay
Greatest extent Weber, (often) credited together with the birth of sociology, the science of social studies, said that the 'ideal bureaucracy' consisted of a system that was efficient, performed fast yet…...Read