OMEGA PSI PHI FRATERNITY INCORPORATION.
On Fri evening, November 17, 1911, three Howard University undergraduate students, with all the assistance of their faculty mechanic, gave labor and birth to the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. This event occurred in work of biology Professor Ernest E. Merely, the faculty adviser, inside the Science Area (now referred to as Thirkield Hall). The three generous arts college students were Edgar A. Appreciate, Oscar L. Cooper and Frank Coleman. From the initials of the Ancient greek phrase that means " companionship is essential towards the soul, " the term Omega Pound-force per square inch Phi was derived. The phrase was selected while the slogan. Manhood, grant, perseverance and uplift were adopted since cardinal concepts. A decision was made regarding the design and style for the pin and emblem, and so ended the first appointment of the Omega watches Psi Phi Fraternity. The next meeting was conducted on November 23, 1911. Edgar Love started to be the 1st Grand Basileus (National President). Cooper and Coleman were selected Grandkeeper of the Documents (National Secretary) and Grandkeeper of Seals (National Treasurer), respectively. 11 Howard University undergraduate men were chosen as charter members. Alpha dog Chapter was organized with fourteen hire members on December 15, 1911. Appreciate, Cooper and Coleman were elected the chapter's initial Basileus, Keeper of Documents, and Owner of Seals, respectively. About March almost eight, 1912, the previously published fraternity metabolic rate was refused by the Howard University Teachers Council. The Faculty Authorities proposed to take the fraternity as a regional but not a national business. The fraternity refused acceptance as a totally local firm. Oscar Cooper became the fraternity's second Grand Basileus in 1912. Cooper official the research of a proposed second phase at Lincoln subsequently University, Pennsylvania. Edgar Take pleasure in was elected as another Grand Basileus in 1912 and served until 1915. In 1914, Howard University or college withdrew the opposition, and the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity was included under the laws of the Region of Columbia on August 28, 1914. Beta Chapter at Lincoln University was chartered in February, 1914. George Elizabeth. Hall, your fourth Grand Basileus, had been started at Alpha dog Chapter in 1914. Grand Basileus Corridor authorized the establishment of Gamma Chapter in Boston, Massachusetts. Yet , the phase was ultimately established during the administration of the fifth Grand Basileus, James C. McMorries. During the operations of the 6th Grand Basileus, Clarence F. Holmes, the fraternity's first official hymn, " Omega Men Pull Nigh", was written by Otto Bohannon. Raymond G. Brown, the seventh Grand Basileus, established Delta Chapter in Nashville, Tn in 1919. Robinson still left office in 1920 using a total of ten chapters in operation. Stanley Douglas offered as Editor of the 1st Oracle printed in the early spring of 1919. Harold E. Thomas, the eighth Grand Basileus, was elected in the 1920 Nashville Grand Conclave. It was with this Conclave that Carter G. Woodson motivated the organization of Nationwide Achievement Week to promote the study of Negro life and record. The 1921 Atlanta Grand Conclave taken to an end the first decade of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. INNER GROWTH
In 1922, Grand Basileus J. Alston Atkins appointed the first District Representatives. Today, there are 9 such representatives who happen to be elected every year by the section conferences/meetings. In 1922, work of Vice Grand Basileus was created. The Grand Keeper of Information became the Grand Keeper of the Documents and Seal off. The initially Omega Bulletin was posted in 1928. Campbell C. Johnson was the Editor. " Omega Dear" was adopted as the required hymn in 1931. Two teachers from Howard University, Charles R. Came, Professor of Surgery, and Mercer Cook, Professor of Languages, were the composers. Cook wrote the music and first stanza; Drew had written the last two stanzas. THE FORTIES
The Omega " Lover Song", with words and music by Don Q. Pullen, was adopted as...